Lutheran Social Services of the Virgin Islands (LSSVI) is looking for the best and brightest that our Territory and the world around us have to offer. We seek candidates with a passion for service and the skills necessary to help us fulfill our mission. If you are interested in applying for a position with LSSVI, please send a detailed resume and completed application to:
|Director of Human Resources
516B Hospital Street
Frederiksted, St. Croix 00840-3824
Fax: (340) 772-0589
|Download Application Form|
|Only suitable applicants will be acknowledged and/or invited to interview. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Looking for opportunities to become an AmeriCorps member? Visit the AmeriCorps page for service openings.
Replacement Worker – (Ginger Thomas) Prince Street Residence, St. Croix
Replacement Workers provide direct care to residents with disabilities at Sister Emma Cottage and Ginger Thomas Residence. Replacement Workers are responsible for maintaining a safe, supportive, and therapeutic environment that fosters growth and rehabilitation among the residents.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certificate.
- Minimum of two years experience in residential care or related field.
- Certified Nurse Assistant Certification (Preferred)
- Ability to lift physically disabled residents (minimum of 50 pounds).
Bus Driver/Maintenance– Early Head Start, St. Croix
Responsible for providing transportation to and from Early Head Start (EHS) centers for children and parents and maintaining the safety of all children on the bus. Responsible for maintaining EHS vehicles and running errands for the program. Performs maintenance and upkeep of the EHS Center and grounds.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- School Bus Driver License with a minimum of 3 years’ experience driving in the V.I.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
- Basic Repair and Maintenance knowledge
- Maintain compliance with valid CPR/First Aid certification and Food Handlers’ Card.
Bus Monitor/Classroom Aide – Early Head Start, St. Croix
Responsible for providing transportation to and from Early Head Start centers for children and parents and maintaining the safety of all children on the bus during the bus route. Also assists classroom teachers in the care and education of children.
- CDA Infant/Toddler Credential OR AA in Early Childhood Development or Education required
- Valid Commercial or School Bus Driver’s License
- Three (3) years’ experience driving in the VI
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Bookkeeper – St. Croix
The function of the Bookkeeper is to carry out the assigned financial, administrative, and clerical services as well as other LSS functions relative to the overall operation of the administrative office. Duties include processing and monitoring payments and expenditures, processing miscellaneous cash receipts, and preparation of payroll. It also includes providing these services in an effective and efficient manner that will ensure that vendors and suppliers are paid within the established time frame and staff are paid in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Two to four years of college in bookkeeping/accounting training or a high school degree with minimum of five years of bookkeeping experience.
- Knowledge of payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information.
Fundraising/Public Relations Assistant – St. Croix
The function of the Fundraising/Public Relations Assistant is to assist the Development Director in meeting all agency public relations and fundraising goals. Duties include timely input and reporting of all contributions, preparation of donation acknowledgements, communication with donors, development of social media content and website management, organizing outreach events, and coordinating media press coverage.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum three years of fundraising and development or related field
- Familiarity with video production and social media platforms
- Proficient in MS office suite and Adobe Creative Cloud
*All interested candidates will be required to submit a professional writing sample along with a resume and cover letter. The professional writing example should reflect a sample letter encouraging engagement from a lapsed donor.
Service Coordinator – Ebenezer Gardens, St. Thomas
The Service Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and/or increasing tenants’ ability to live independently by referrals and advocacy for all clients. The Service Coordinator will link tenants to supportive services or medical services provided by public agencies or private practitioners within the general community. The Service Coordinator will identify and provide social services and interventions with tenants who are growing frail.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Gerontology, Psychology, or Counseling.
- Background in Gerontology preferred.
- A minimum of two years supervisory experience and minimum of two years work experience in Social Work or related fields.
- A valid USVI driver’s license.
Janitorial/Resident Care Assistant– 1 St. Croix; 1 St. Thomas
The Janitorial/Resident Care Assistant will be responsible for assisting in maintaining the facilities as assigned to ascertain HUD standards and assisting frail tenants residing within LSSVI housing programs to maintain their independent living status. Responsibilities include janitorial duties such as housekeeping and laundry, accompanying tenants in the community with grocery shopping and appointments, and assisting with meal preparation.
- Minimum High School Diploma.
- Maintains compliance with valid CPR/First Aid Certificate and Food Handler’s Card.
- Valid Virgin Islands Driver’s License.
- Ability to perform domestic duties.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, bend, reach, and lift 40 pounds.
Lead Teacher – Early Head Start, St. Croix
Responsible for maintaining a safe, healthy, developmentally appropriate environment for infants and toddlers, which is based on best practice recommendations.
- Minimum of a CDA. (Must obtain a CDA in a designated amount of time if needed.)
- Ability to obtain a food handlers card, CPR, First Aid.
Director of Human Resources – St. Croix
The Director of Human Resources is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the Human Resources functions and guiding the Agency in its overall personnel policies. This position also oversees the Volunteer program.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years in Human Resources management and supervisory experience in public or private personnel management.
“NO PERSONS SHALL BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST FOR EMPLOYMENT OFFERED BY LUTHERAN SOCIAL SERVICES OF THE VIRGIN ISLANDS ON ACCOUNT OF RACE, COLOR, CREED, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, DISABILITY OR AGE.”