Lutheran Social Services of the Virgin Islands (LSSVI) is looking for the best and brightest that our Territory and the world around us has to offer. We are seeking candidates with a passion for service and the skills necessary to help us fulfill our mission. If you are interested in applying for a position with LSSVI, please send a detailed resume and completed application to:
|Director of Human Resources
516B Hospital Street
Frederiksted, St. Croix 00840-3824
Fax: (340) 772-0589
|Download Application Form|
Only suitable applicants will be acknowledged and/or invited to interview. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and national service alumni are encouraged to apply. Visit the AmeriCorps page for service opportunities.
Life Skills Assistant – Yellow Cedar Residence, St. Thomas
The Life Skills Assistant (LSA) will provide direct care and support to adult residents with developmental, cognitive, and physical disabilities to improve their level of independence in the areas indicated by their individual care plans. These include general life, community, and vocational skills. LSA will act as a coach to the residents in the areas of socialization and behaviors..
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent and two years’ experience in residential care or related field
- Valid VI Driver’s License
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Certified Nurse Assistant Certification (Preferred).
- Ability to lift physically disabled residents (minimum of 50 pounds)
Maintenance Director – Main Office, St. Croix
The Director of Maintenance will be responsible for supervising all staff in the Maintenance Department. The Director of Maintenance is responsible for preventative maintenance of buildings, grounds, and equipment. Responsibilities include working on and inspecting grounds, the interior and exterior maintenance of buildings, assisting with the arrangement for outside suppliers when necessary, and purchasing supplies.
- At least five (5) years in maintenance trades.
- High School Diploma.
- Valid VI driver’s license.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to document maintenance reports and procedures.
Maintenance Worker – All Sites, St. Croix
The maintenance worker will be responsible for completing assigned tasks related to the maintenance of the building and related equipment. Tasks to include but not limited to mowing, weeding, watering, trimming, trash pick-up, planting, and maintenance of related equipment. The maintenance worker will assist with preventative and routine maintenance as assigned.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED. Vocational training or certification preferred.
- Minimum one year experience or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A valid USVI driver’s license.
- Pass LSSVI literacy, numerical and job skills test.
Volunteer Rebuilding Program Manager – Lutheran Disaster Relief, St. Croix
The Volunteer Rebuilding Program uses teams of mostly off island volunteers, along with unaffiliated volunteers, to provide free labor to homeowners in order to repair and rebuild their homes to a safe and dry standard. The Program Manager is responsible for staff supervision, the selection and preparation of homes for repair and rebuilding, safety, and the performance of construction that meets VI Building Codes.
- Construction and Engineering skills preferred.
- Knowledge of VI Building Codes preferred.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Previous disaster response experience.
- Experience working with volunteers.
Health Services Coordinator – Early Head Start, St. Croix
Under the direction of the Early Head Start Director, the Health Services Coordinator is responsible for planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring and managing health services activities for children and their families enrolled in the Early Head Start program pursuant to the Head Start Performance Standards.
- BA/BS Degree in nursing, public health, health administration, health education or other closely related health field preferred.
- Minimum Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Certification
- Valid VI Driver’s License
Bus Driver/Assistant Cook – Early Head Start, St. Croix
Responsible for providing transportation to and from Early Head Start centers for children and parents and maintaining the safety of the vehicle and all children on the bus during the bus route. Also assists the Cook with food preparation, service, and clean up.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) is preferred; or willingness to obtain CDL within one year of hire and maintain it as current.
- Three (3) years’ experience driving in the VI.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Physical ability to remain on feet for extended periods of time throughout the work week
- Physical agility to bend, stoop, walk, reach overhead, push/pull, squat, twist, and turn.
Construction Manager – Early Head Start, St. Croix
The Construction Manager will oversee all aspects of the construction of early learning facilities, working closely with engineers, architects, environmental consultants, state and local construction inspectors and others involved in the completion of the project; aligning with the regulations of the Head Start Performance Standard (Subpart E) and the Virgins Islands’ current building codes. Responsibilities include the management of all phases of the construction activity including: coordination, inspection, supervision, safety, budget maintenance and quality control, as well as the maintenance of healthy relationships with key stakeholders.
- Bachelor degree in construction, facility design, civil engineering or other related field.
- Minimum three years’ experience working in the completion of construction project from start to finish.
- 1 to 3 years supervisory experience in construction management preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of facilities and construction planning, structural engineering and architecture and real estate management.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of budget management.
- Experience with project management and architectural design software.
- Knowledge of Federal, state and local laws, regulations, and codes related to building maintenance and construction.
- Ability to effectively multi-task among parties involved in the completion throughout the life of the project.
Nurse – Early Head Start, St. Croix
The Nurse provides Health Services to children and families and assists in the identification, coordination, completion of service, and evaluation of health or family problems of enrolled children. The Nurse maintains awareness of current health services available in the community and works with physicians and other local health care providers to meet the needs of enrolled children. The Nurse is responsible for the coordination of health follow-up services to identified children and must document all health/family services that have been provided. In conjunction with the Health Service Coordinator, the nurse will monitor health records at Early Head Start center sites.
- Registered Nurse. BSN or higher or related degree preferred.
- Two years of experience in community health, pediatrics or school nursing. Bilingual preferred: English/Spanish or English and other languages present in the local area.
- 1 – 3 years supervisory experience
Project Manager – Early Head Start, St. Croix
The Project Manager/Grant Writer will provide coordinated services consistent with all applicable federal, state, and USVI Department of Building, Fire Department, Environmental Protection Agency laws, regulations, requirements, and codes including 45CFR, Part 1309 and Department of Health regulations. The Project Manager/Grant Writer will also be responsible for enforcement of the Davis Bacon Act and review of all U.S. Department of Labor payroll forms, job classifications, and wage rates. This position will further be responsible for writing the necessary grants needed to request funding for the projects relative to the recovery or rebuilding of the Early Head Start facilities.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in management, business or related field
- 5 years’ experience in Project Management or related field
- 2 years’ experience in grant writing
“NO PERSONS SHALL BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST FOR EMPLOYMENT OFFERED BY LUTHERAN SOCIAL SERVICES OF THE VIRGIN ISLANDS ON ACCOUNT OF RACE, COLOR, CREED, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, DISABILITY OR AGE.”