Lutheran Social Services of the Virgin Islands (LSSVI) is looking for the best and brightest that our Territory and the world around us have to offer. We seek candidates with a passion for service and the skills necessary to help us fulfill our mission. If you are interested in applying for a position with LSSVI, please send a detailed resume and completed application to:
|Director of Human Resources
516B Hospital Street
Frederiksted, St. Croix 00840-3824
Fax: (340) 772-0589
|Download Application Form|
|Only suitable applicants will be acknowledged and/or invited to interview. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Looking for opportunities to become an AmeriCorps member? Visit the AmeriCorps page for service openings.
Replacement Worker – (Ginger Thomas) Prince Street Residence, St. Croix
Replacement Workers provide direct care to residents with disabilities at Sister Emma Cottage and Ginger Thomas Residence. Replacement Workers are responsible for maintaining a safe, supportive, and therapeutic environment that fosters growth and rehabilitation among the residents.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certificate.
- Minimum of two years experience in residential care or related field.
- Certified Nurse Assistant Certification (Preferred)
- Ability to lift physically disabled residents (minimum of 50 pounds).
Bus Driver/Maintenance– Early Head Start, St. Croix
Responsible for providing transportation to and from Early Head Start (EHS) centers for children and parents and maintaining the safety of all children on the bus. Responsible for maintaining EHS vehicles and running errands for the program. Performs maintenance and upkeep of the EHS Center and grounds.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- School Bus Driver License with a minimum of 3 years’ experience driving in the V.I.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
- Basic Repair and Maintenance knowledge
- Maintain compliance with valid CPR/First Aid certification and Food Handlers’ Card.
Bus Monitor/Classroom Aide – Early Head Start, St. Croix
Responsible for providing transportation to and from Early Head Start centers for children and parents and maintaining the safety of all children on the bus during the bus route. Also assists classroom teachers in the care and education of children.
- CDA Infant/Toddler Credential OR AA in Early Childhood Development or Education required
- Valid Commercial or School Bus Driver’s License
- Three (3) years’ experience driving in the VI
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
“NO PERSONS SHALL BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST FOR EMPLOYMENT OFFERED BY LUTHERAN SOCIAL SERVICES OF THE VIRGIN ISLANDS ON ACCOUNT OF RACE, COLOR, CREED, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, DISABILITY OR AGE.”